Thursday, March 25, 2010

"A Place in My Dislike Pile"

Ok, where do I start. here is my list of comments while watching the film yesterday:


I definitely notice the "screen wipes"...uhhhhhhg it's distracting....

im amazed how fast romance can develop

wait, why didnt they put the top up?


the scene where george goes to the party, i did not like some of those camera angles like the somewhat shot reverse shot between a girl and george and george mistakes her hello for her friends.

GEORGE IS A SCHEMING BITCH.

i think the bird sound effect right after the drums was a bit dramatic...uhhhgggg

there is an excessive use of the cross-fading transitions in this film. it's making my dizzy.

the drums and close up shots are over-the-top.....i want to die.

i did not like the close up shot of george crawling up to the camera.

so "hardly eating anything" is something?

"another woman stashed somewhere someplace".....im really hating all of things things....

fainting huh? oh, and how did the mother know that she fell in the first place?

anti-climactic ending...gahhhh



Anyways, as you can already tell, i did not enjoy the film as much as i wanted. I definitely thought the drmatic sound effects and music and close up shots were over-the-top. I do not like this film. enough said.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha I love your notes. Actually a few of them even made me think. Why didn't they put the top up when they were driving home in the pouring rain??? And yes, it is agreed that George is a scheming bitch. Must you have two girlfriends at once, get one pregnant and then kill her?? Really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Royce, judging from what I've read on others' blogs, you have a lot of company in your criticisms of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most accurate review of this film I have read -- right after mine. I sat through it next to you, and I remember when we walked out, we both mused about how terrible it was. As Dr. Campbell said, you are in great company with your opinions -- I think you would be hard pressed to find someone that's our age who finds this movie to be anything if not a history lesson.

    ReplyDelete